Functions And Duties
Cooperation Department is established to promote economic wellbeing of small and marginal farmers and other sections of the society with a view to build viable and vibrant institutions for continuous support of the needy and their collective growth.
Developmental functions of the Department
- To achieve the economic well being of members
- Facilitate and support societies to evolve as viable, strong and vibrant institutions.
- Economic development of its members
Registering and Nurturing of Societies
Identify Needs and Resources,
Organize groups based on similar needs,
Register Genuine Society
Nurture it until it attains the capacity to manage itself
Capacity Building of Members and Managing Committee
Educate, Guide and Facilitate the members for their active participation
Explore the possibilities of expansion of business
Enable to access Govt. Aid and Support
Networking of Societies
Build Network of societies from Primary to National Level
Input Supplies, Procurement of Agriculture Produce, Storage, Processing and Marketing
Alleviate members from exploitation.
Services by APEX Institutions
Enable Apex Bank towards financial Inclusion
MARKFED and HACA to procure directly from farmers
Purchase Agrl. Inputs directly from Manufacturers and supply to farmers eliminating Private players
REGULATORY FUNCTIONS OF THE DEPARTMENT:
- Monitor the functioning of societies.
- Control exploitation by vested interests.
- Protect the rights of the members and public money.
- Constructive intervention by invoking the provisions of the Act.
- Provide enabling environment for democratic functioning.
- Maintain transparency of society affairs and all the other provisions as prescribed in the Act.