(Telangana State Industrial Project Approval and Self – Certification System)
The Telangana Government has enacted the “Telangana State Industrial Project Approval and Self-Certification System (TS-iPASS) Act, 2014” (Act No.3 of 2014) for speedy processing of applications for issue of various clearances required for setting up of industries at a single point based on the self-certificate provided by the entrepreneur and also to create investor friendly environment in the State of Telangana.
TS-iPASS is a certification service to establish industries, manufacturing, and services, in the state of Telangana, India. The process allows a single mechanism for doing business with the state, including obtaining required permissions within stipulated timelines. Twenty-three departments are providing forty types of approvals through the process. Its online facility provides features to applicants to apply for approvals, pay fees, respond to queries, and download the approvals given by the department, eliminating the necessity of direct approach. Common enclosures evolved through process re-engineering has done away with the process of attaching the same documents multiple times.
The Salient features of the TS-iPASS are:
- All departments connected for establishing and operation of an Enterprise brought under purview of TS-iPASS.
- Time Limits set for each approval varying from 1 day to a maximum of 30 days depending upon on the complexity of the approval.
- Pre-Scrutiny of the applications at State Level and District Level to assist the entrepreneurs in a proper submission of applications and to avoid delay in processing the files by the departments.
- Making mandatory for the Competent Authorities to seek shortfall/additional information required, if any, only once, within three days from receipt of the application.
- Empowering the Entrepreneurs with Right to clearances under TS-iPASS, to know the reasons for delay if any in getting the clearance within time limits and penalizing the officers responsible for the delay.